My girls

My girls
The best parts of my Very Grateful Life.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Fun Day

I used to very much dislike Sundays.

Even when I loved my job, I still disliked Sunday because it meant the start of the work week the next day.

But when Kate was born, I went back to work 3 days a week instead of 5. And I love it.

Now, I don't feel quite as guilty as I used to, when I spend a couple hours Sunday scrubbing the floor and doing laundry and cleaning up the yard. Because I know I'll get to see Ella and Kate all day on Monday, too. And it is such a glorious feeling.

Today we had a Sunday Fun Day. The girls mercifully woke up at 8:30. I can't remember the last time that happened. It felt like sleeping til noon.

We had our usual morning....Ella happily eating her waffles, Kate throwing all of her breakfast food on the floor; smiling while she did it. And I played with both of them in between doing different chores around the house.

We cleaned up the yard together, in preparation for tomorrow's play date at our house, when a few of my friends will bring their kids over. I love seeing them all play together. Put flower pots and a welcome pat on the front porch of the girls' playhouse.

And then we went to our Godson, Robby's, second birthday party. Cupcakes, a pinata, and plenty of Elmo for everyone.

After bathtime, we all four collapsed onto our bed, the girls watching Dora as Daddy and I half-slept. Ella would wake up us every few minutes, reminding us that we needed to save her from the crocodiles that were surely swimming around on the carpet.

Before we knew it, it was bed time. Kate didn't even want to be rocked, she went straight into her sweet little crib. And Ella for the first time in a while let Daddy put her to sleep. It's always quicker when he does it.

So now I get to blog and take a few minutes to relish the sweet simplicity of this Sunday Fun Day. Before cleaning the floor so it's not embarrassingly sticky when the kids come over tomorrow, and before cleaning the playroom so it's orderly for at least the first 5 minutes of the play date.

Sundays are indeed now Fun Days. And I am very grateful for each and every one I get to spend with our girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment