My girls

My girls
The best parts of my Very Grateful Life.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Selfish Mondays

Oh, am I selfish with my Mondays with my girls.

I love them. I love Sunday night, knowing that I get one more day with my girls...and I get them all to myself.

I love waking up and not being rushed in the morning. I love getting to, in a light and easy, leisurely way, make them waffles (the leggo my eggo kind) and cut-up strawberries. I love being able to take the extra 5 minutes to make a syrup smile on Ella's waffle; and how excited she gets when I make the waffle grow long, brown syrup hair and a strawberry bow.

"Hoo-a (her) hay-a (hair) dis-a-pee-ad (disappeared), Mommy!" Ella exclaimed, as the waffle face slowly sucked up its strands of syrupy hair.

I love getting to laugh at Kate's obsession with throwing her breakfast on the floor, instead of getting frustrated and wondering if I'll have time to wipe the syrup off the floor before it dries.

Most of all, I love, love, love getting them packed up and taking them to the park. The 90 degree heat has kept us from our favorite park for weeks; but we returned today and Ella kicked her feet with glee as she exclaimed "I see it! I see it, Mommy! I see o-wa (our) paaaak (park.)

I love watching them have little pretend picnics with snacks, in the small pretend 'castle' and a the tiny picnic table under the playground bridge.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love seeing them run and play and just be kids. I love the way Kate can happily sit in the baby swing for hours on end, if I let her.

Chris and I hosted an event tonight and I had to leave my girls for the evening, with a sitter. I felt sick to my stomach. I had to give up part of my Monday with them.

I promised Ella she could stay up til we got home. But were an hour late. I ran out of the car and into the house and up the stairs and she ran to me...."Mooommmmmyyyy! I waaaanted YOU, I waaaannted YOUUUUU." "I'm here, baby, I'm here." "You didn't come back!" "I did come back, baby, I'm here! I'm sorry I'm late. I'm sorry baby."

"I fo-give you, momma. I fo-give you."

I just kept telling her I loved her, as I laid down next to her in her big girl bed, still dressed in my heels and dress and chunky necklace.

She spoke with heavy eyes, in a sleepwalking-like-state and said "I love you too, Mommy. I love you, too."

So glad I got to see her sweet face before she went to sleep. And I can't wait to see our Kate Kate first thing in the morning.

For the first time in my life, I wish every day was a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment