My girls

My girls
The best parts of my Very Grateful Life.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Kids say....the most darling things

A day watching...and listening....to Ella and Kate.

I know I'm partial because I'm their mommy. But I really do think the things they say and do could be great fodder for a movie. Or at least some really endearing scenes in a movie. The kind of movie that would make me cry an constant stream of tears from a tender but happy heart.

Ella singing "Twinkle, Twinkle:"
"Tinkle, tinkle, yidda sta, how my wonda what you aw. Up above the sky so high, like a diamond in snow wipe"

Somehow, she worked Snow "Wipe" into that equation. I don't have the heart to correct it. I know I will ache a little, the day she sings it correctly.

Ella singing "Baa Baa Black Sheep:"
"Baa, baa black sheep, have you any RULES? Master, master, three bags full. One fo my master. One fo my dame. One for the little girl name Ella Bella down the lane. And one for the Kate Kate the Great down the lane."

I love that she thinks we're asking the sheep for rules instead of wool, and that she adds a sentence; so as to not leave Kate Kate out of the lyrics.

Ella listening to Adam Lambert on the Ellen Show. Passionately moving her bum from side to side, she sings, looking directly at me..."What duya want MOMMY? What duya want MOMMY?" Obviously, Adam isn't saying "What do you want from me?" He's asking his mom what she wants.

This afternoon, when I called Ella a crabby appleton for screaming because I was not providing her juice cuppy fast enough, she cried in indignation..."You hoit my feedings mommy!" "My not a cabby appleton."

"Well, you're not acting like a happy appleton," I replied.

"No, mommy. My a sad appleton," she replied. It's important to note that I have never introduced the turn "sad appleton," so I'm particularly amused at what I see as her clear brilliance.

For her part, Kate doesn't say that many words yet. But everything she does say or do is just completely adorable. For instance, moments ago, she just made a game out of burying her head in her super soft pink blanket, then looking up at me with the brightest eyes, saying "Bo!" (her word for boo!) several times and then giggling hysterically at herself, only to then throw her head back against the couch in a deep belly laugh.

I'm also pretty sure that she said "Butterfly" several times, after I pointed one out to her this afternoon. And she says "Yeah" in response to just about every question we ask her. Not 'NO!' like most toddlers, and not "Yes." She takes a deep breath before responding to just about any question.. then says "yeah!" like she' totally excited -- or totally exhausted -- to have to reply.

In their own ways, little people really do say the most darling things.

As daytime turns slowly into night, Ella gently pets her kitty Macie on the chair, before getting up to make a bed on the floor with a decorative pillow I paid way too much for and a white decorative blanket that shreds a little more every time I wash it. My naked baby Kate lounges on the couch in nothing but her diaper and brignt pink bow, drinking her 'ba'and very contentedly watching Noggin, even though I'm pretty sure both girls have already seen every episode of every show on Noggin, because it's the only channel I ever let them watch.

I'm soaking in every sweet minute of this time with them, even as the back of my mind reminds me that Ella's hematology appointment is tomorrow at 9 a.m. I try not to think about it, not to guesstimate what might happen; since I've learned in this very short time that worrying and hypothesizing really doesn't help much.

Every time the thought comes into my mind, I'll just turn my thoughts to God and say a little prayer that He'll continue to bless our sweet, normal life with more of these sweet every day moments with our girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment