My girls

My girls
The best parts of my Very Grateful Life.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kate's First Birthday

Photobucket

I love every minute of planning the girls' birthdays.

I start thinking about them months in advance. I lament over having to choose just one theme. Hello Kitty? Alice in Wonderland? No, no, no. Cupcakes? Perfect for my sweet and simple Kate!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

I love all the girly girl details of a little person's birthday. Tulle and happy birthday signs and cupcakes and candy. I wonder if, when the girls look back at their birthday pictures, they'll realize how much I loved every minute of planning them. I wonder if they'll know how the planning of every little detail is a small way for me to show them just how blessed I feel to have them for daughters.

Photobucket

Kate's first birthday was a beautiful, blue sky day filled with all of our best friends, four of her grandparents and even her cousins from Youngstown. Sidewalk chalk, a pinata, bubbles, cake and even a 'bouncy thing' from Grandma. It couldn't have been a more perfect day. I wish I could give a day like that to every single child on their birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment