My girls

My girls
The best parts of my Very Grateful Life.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grateful Time of Life

I remember back when high school was coming to an end, wondering if life was all down hill from there. Which is really really funny, considering I now look back on high school as a not-so-pleasant experience.

Then all throughout college, and especially as my senior year drew to a close, I wondered how the future could possibly be as fun and fulfilling and utterly fantastic as the past four years of my life.

Then there were the in-between years. Those awful handful of years in between college and when I met the love of my life. When I look back on them, I just remember a lot of crying and sadness and self doubt. A lot of tearful journal entries, tearful prayers, crying myself to sleep. But even then, I remember writing in my journal that I was thankful for being lonely and sad and doubtful. Because I remember believing, right down to my very soul, that it was those really sad times that would make me feel so grateful when I finally found my way.

And now I'm here. I am married to this wonderful man who I adore. Who totally gets me. Loves me. Never judges me. Accepts me as I am. Laughs at me when I'm being ridiculous. He's my biggest fan. And makes me want to be a better person. Back in those sad days, I didn't even know how to imagine finding someone who's this perfect for me.

And we have these two beautiful, sweet, darling, joyful, amazing little girls. They are our everything. They're my very heart and soul. They make these years the best of my life. More fun than any college toga party. More fulfilling than any accomplishment or award.

I am filled with gratitude from my head to my toes. And I started this blog, not even thinking about who'll ever read it, just so I can have an easy place to express just how grateful I am for this wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment