My girls

My girls
The best parts of my Very Grateful Life.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Forever friends

So I'd be remiss if I didn't say that the other reason I started this blog was my friend Cathy.

She came into my life in 1997, back at the very beginning of those in between years. I was heartbroken and raw....ever wearing my heart on my sleeve. Desperately seeking my place in the world. I found sweet smiling Cathy at my first ever job after college.

She was there to laugh deliriously with me through every one of my nightmarish blind dates. I still smile and burst out in laughter, just hearing her contagious giggly laugh in the back of my mind. And she was also there, banging on the door of my second-story apartment to force me to go out in the evening instead of staying inside and sleeping the entire weekend away in sorrow.

She's one of the many reasons I'm now so grateful for those in between years. I could never have made friends like Cathy during a regular happy time. We wouldn't have had the chance to test our friendship with tears. Or quite that kind of laughter.

Cathy knows my heart inside and out. So a few months ago, she sent me a blogpost from a fabulous woman ... Kelle Hampton... and told me she might be my long lost sister. One of the best compliments I've ever been given. Kelle's blog makes me smile and cry and want to celebrate life.

So thank you to sweet Cathy for sending me the link that inspired me to start a blog about my very grateful life. And for being such a wonderful, laughable, ever-reliable, beautiful, funny, forever friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment