My girls

My girls
The best parts of my Very Grateful Life.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Ella Bella Turns 4

Note: I started this post in February and am just now pressing 'publish...' looooong delay. Procrastinator!

So it's official. My big girl is 4 years old.

Photobucket

She loved her unicorn party. I did too.

Photobucket

I love to see how much she notices all the little details. I love to see how joyful she is, how proud she is that this is her special day. And I love to see her play with my friends' little people.

Photobucket

The look on her face right here...it made it all worthwhile. Even the part where 2 sets of grandparents stayed in our house at the same time, for 2 nights prior to the party. Seriously. We were kind of like the family in 16 Candles. All we were missing was Long Duck Dong. But this expression, this moment? Made it all worth it.

I love seeing her notice all the party details.

After months of spending far too many hours looking for birthday ideas to plaigarize from Pinterest, it felt good to actually complete the formal act of plaigarism.

Love Kroger. This cake would've cost $80 instead of $20 had I bought it at any other bakery.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At the Schumacher house, birthdays are multi-day affair. There's the birthday party; but then there's also the birth day. And we make an equally big deal about the actual 'birth day,' exhausting as that sometimes feels when the 'day of birth' occurs just a day or two after the party! Nonetheless, Ella's birthday is on Valentine's Day. And I love that.

Photobucket

The girls were thrilled that it snowed on Valentine's Day. And considering that this gorgeous, easy winter has only given us 3 days of snow, I'm thrilled, too. It made Ella's special day all the more special.

Photobucket

Chris and I were able to volunteer at her first-ever Valentine's party at school (and Ella's teachers even let us bring Kate-Kate!). I love that her birthday happens to occur on such a special day at school. Loved seeing her interact with her little friends.

Photobucket

Loved seeing this face as she took it all in -- as they sang Happy Birthday to her.

Photobucket

After school, we enjoyed yet another birthday cake. And present opening. By this time, fancy dresses were discarded. Note in the second photo that Kate has no pants on. Although she is still wearing striped knee socks that appear to almost intentionally clash with her shirt. That's how we roll at 6 pm at the Schumacher house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And later that night, I loved that Ella so willingly performed a fashion show of all her birthday clothes. After years of forcing my little brother and sister and cousins -- with guilt trips and threats of tickle-beatings -- to do fashion shows, I totally deserve to have two little girls that embrace the sashay AND the shauntay.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The end of February, remarkably, also brought fun days playing outside on Ella's new bikes and the scooters Nana got the girls for Christmas.

Ella giving Kate a push. Kate screaming that she doesn't need help.

Once in a while, there's a picture that ust so perfectly captures her spirit. This is so one of them.

February's drawn to a close and spring is so near I can taste it. I just put up the Easter decorations and have begun the Pinning for Kate's butterfly party.

I'm thanking heaven for little girls. And every one of their birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment