My girls

My girls
The best parts of my Very Grateful Life.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ella's Snow White Birthday Bonanza

I love everything about having two beautiful, healthy, sweet little girls.

I love dressing them up in princess dresses. I love putting bows in their hair every single day. I love decorating little girl rooms and having tea parties and picnics and going to the zoo. I love watching Ella flutter her eyes and curtsy like a princess.

But perhaps best of all, I love, love, LOVE planning little girl birthday parties.

This year, because Ella is positively obsessed with Snow White, we had a Snow White themed birthday bonanza at her ballet studio, led by a love of Ella's life, Miss Jessica, her ballet teacher.

We went shopping, just the two of us, a few weeks before her birthday. She saw a pair of red flats with big, pink jeweled hearts and fell in love. We bought them that day, but I wrapped them and gave them to her for her birthday. She calls them her princess shoes and she adores them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also bought poodle a Snow White tutu, especially for the party.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ella loved every single moment of her party. And although she's only three years old, she truly appreciated and noticed every detail.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I went early to decorate. When she arrived, she ran into the ballet room and smiled and squealed with delight. That moment...the moment when she ran into the room, smiling ear to ear...it was the best thank you gift I could ever receive.

Photobucket

She said the Snow White dresses were 'beaufitul.'

Photobucket

She wore her crown for the entire party.

She loved the un-poisoned apple cupcakes, making sure to clarify for her guests that they were NOT poisoned.

Photobucket

I'm writing this post 2 months after her birthday, and she still talks about the blue and yellow and red cupcakes. I really can't believe she remembers details like that.

Photobucket

But most of all, my future film star absolutely loved dancing with her friends and Miss Jessica...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a 10-minute crisis, when I realized that I had forgotten matches or a lighter. But thanks to "Map," our nanny "Rah Rah's" fiance, the crisis was averted quickly, after he ran across the street to retrieve one from a stranger.

Photobucket

I am so grateful to have the luxury of being able to plan birthday parties like this for my darling little girls. I feel like I have lived my whole life for moments like these. And I know when I am old, and looking back on my life, I will be most grateful for sweet moments like these with my precious baby girls.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It was absolutely perfect. I always say that my boys will look back on their birthday parties and know how much I loved them, just because of how hard I worked to make them special. Birthdays are a big deal. You did an awesome job! You go super mommy!

    ReplyDelete